[CQ-Contest] Windwood Available For IARU

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Windwood Available For IARU
From: AG8L4Test@aol.com (AG8L4Test@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 23 17:11:14 2001
boundary="part1_20.16d8bcef.283d7362_boundary"
Sender: owner-cq-contest@contesting.com

Dear contesters:

I have the reservation for the Windwood contest station (WP2Z) on
St. Croix for the IARU contest, but have a work conflict that will
prevent me from going this year.

If anyone would like to take my reservation, please contact me
direct and I'll advise the owner of the transfer.  Payments and
other arrangements would then be direct with the owner.

My reservation is for the week beginning Wednesday before the IARU
weekend, but usually can be moved forward or backwards depending
on adjacent reservations.  Mid-summer is usually a slow rental
period.

The Windwood contest station is on top of a mountain, about 900'
above sea level, on the north side of the island with a clear
shot over water to the US and Europe.  Radio conditions from this
location are always superb and you can expect a constant pileup.

I don't have any current information on the station or equipment.
I usually take a rig and computer down with me, although I believe
there is a functioning amp on site as well as the station backup
radio.  There are a selection of antennas including a 40 meter
beam and a Force-12 for 10,15 and 20 meters, but condition is
always a question due to the salty environment and high winds typical
of a mountaintop.  The owner has arranged for someone on-island to
help with the antenna maintenance, but all station details should
be confirmed with the owner prior to departure.

Contact me via email at AG8L@arrl.net.

73, Dave AG8L