[CQ-Contest] Computer compatibility question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computer compatibility question
From: n6ki@juno.com (Dennis Vernacchia)
Date: Wed Jun 6 22:47:53 2001
Inside the 940 you need the IF-10B unit
Outside the 940 Kenwoods level converter is called the IF-232C
(WAY Overpriced but in a nice box)

        There is a unit out by PIEXX that goes in the 940 that
is both units combined BUT I tried two units and
could not get them to work with several versions of CT
and 2 940 radios. I especially had troubke getting the Bandmap
to work. I queried this reflector to ask if anyone ever got a PIEXX
unit to work with a 940 AND CT program and no response.
        I did ask the vendor if he specifically tested his board
with a 940 AND CT and the answer was "NO, but my board does work...."

        If you want ot buy a really nice outboard level converter
get the LCU3-K from W1GEE for under $50. The converter is built into
teh DB-25 that goes to serial port on computer and then a cable exits
that connector and plugs into the accessory jack on your 940...VERY SLICK
(He does sell a pigtail converter cable for $9 or so that adapts you to
a DB-9 for your laptop.

I have no pecuniary interest in any companies mentioned

73,

Dennis Vernacchia N6KI

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:35:41 EDT K7LXC@aol.com writes:

 >Hi, all --
 >
 >     I've got a 940 that I was hoping to get compatible with CT, TR,
 >etc. I've
 >got the Kenwood interface. Is there another unit I need and what is
 >it? I
 >seem to remember there's some sort of level decoder but am a
 >trailing-edge-technology kind of guy and this is not my field. Tnx.
 >
 >Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
 >Tower Tech
 >

 >--
 >CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/