[CQ-Contest] "Free" Dymo Label Printer

Subject: [CQ-Contest] "Free" Dymo Label Printer
From: ae327@lafn.org (Richard J. Norton)
Date: Tue Jun 12 12:10:04 2001
Ironically, it was just yesterday when I was in a conversation with
two other people about mail-in rebates.

One reported that he had given up sending in for them after his last
four attempts had gone unanswered. He noted that a very large, local,
computer retailer now includes slips with rebate-promoted merchandise
saying, "buyer beware - we not responsible if you do not get this
rebate."

I reported that another friend, who had photocopied everything to
prove that all requirements were met, received back a rejection form
saying (falsely) that some requirement had not been met.

I also added that I had recently read about some large rebate oriented
firm declaring bankruptcy, and leaving millions of dollars in promised
rebates unanswered.

I cannot say with certainty that this rebate will not be for real.
However, I have always liked the saying, "If it sounds too good to be
true, it probably is."

Good luck.

Dick Norton, N6AA