[CQ-Contest] IC-211 Help Needed

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IC-211 Help Needed
From: hwardsil@smtp1.wolfenet.com (hwardsil@smtp.wolfenet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 7 00:26:51 2001

I was in hopes of getting on 2-meter SSB for the VHF QSO Party this weekend
(this IS a contest-related message) after coming into an IC-211
unexpectedly.  However, and this is where you come in, I didn't get a
manual (I'll probably order one from W7FG, but can't one in time for
Saturday) and I can't get it to power-up.  The fuse is good, but neither AC
or DC power makes the lights come on.  I'll bet there's a remote switch or
some kind of secret to this.

Any suggestions are welcome - please just reply to hwardsil@wolfenet.com so
the entire world doesn't have to learn how to turn on an IC-211 (and I look
like an idiot to the minimum number of people...)

73, Ward N0AX

http://www.mail2web.com/ .