[CQ-Contest] Too many contests?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Too many contests?
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Tue Jan 15 20:10:31 2002

----- Original Message -----

From: "Randy Thompson, K5ZD

**********  SNIP  **********************

>  Do we really need an ARRL 160m contest?

**********  SNIP  **********************

Oh no you don't!  Not MY favorite contest!  You wanna see people with
pitchforks and torches in the streets in front of W1AW, just try and cut the
only contest designed to completely drain a participant's cash reserves,
consume all unused real-estate, destroy all neighborhood goodwill, tax
marital bliss to the breaking point!

I feel the still-smarting slap of a leather glove on my cheek!  I am up to
the task.  Pistols at 20 paces!

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com

(It just goes to show, "too many" in whose eyes?  I myself believe that the
world can be effectively worked on 10 meters with a coat hanger and a Radio
Shack monobander.   What's the challenge in that?)