[CQ-Contest] Re: [160m] Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [160m] Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Wed Jan 16 15:23:50 2002
On 1/14/02 10:39 AM, Bill Tippett at btippett@alum.mit.edu wrote:

 >But, all
 >kidding aside, as a user and supporter of 160M, we hope at the end
 >of the day you will agree with us that formal mode segmentation by the
 >FCC on Topband, which is in complete harmony with our ARRL bandplan,
 >offers us all an improvement we all can live with and a rational
 >approach to dealing with 160M operations as we head into the new
 >millenium.  We both respectfully ask for your support of our
 >RM-10352 petition.

Bill,

I have one question for you and Jeff to answer:

Why did you submit this petition for mode segmentation prior to the ARRL
bandplan taking effect?

How could you possibly tell the ARRL bandplan would be ineffective in
reducing cross-mode interference on 160m if you didn't give it time to be
implemented and observe the results?

My support hinges on your answer.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901