[CQ-Contest] Has the black hole turned to gold?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Has the black hole turned to gold?
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 15:38:33 2002
I have a great research project to propose to someone who has the time. That
is to perform the analysis of what has happened to stateside contest scores
in the last decade. My gut is that there is no more major geographical
advantage or disadvantage as there was in the past. The SMC is becoming the
dominant force in SS. Is this a result of propagation, Club enthusiasm or
both? In NAQP it is almost impossible for the West coast to overcome the
80-160 advantage of the East and Midwest. I don't think this has always been
the case. Aren't there significantly more East coast stations in the top ten
than ever before?

I am also perceiving a real geographic advantage to being in Southern
California and Arizona than ever before. Is this validated in statistics? Is
Texas taking it in the ear these days or have we all moved away?

Questions abound. Looks like a good article for NCJ for some researcher.

Tom, K5RC
Virginia City, NV.