[CQ-Contest] What the ARRL Board did

Subject: [CQ-Contest] What the ARRL Board did
From: rhodes@evertek.net (Jim Rhodes)
Date: Mon Jan 21 18:57:21 2002
What a condescending load of crap. I am running out of patience with the
way the league has been run for years. The "BOARD" decides what is good for
us, then we are supposed to smile, pay our dues and say thank you. Of all
the organizations that I belong to, the management of this one is the least
responsive to it's membership. Taking out contest coverage and section news
to make room for more of the fluff that has been printed in the last few
years makes little sense to me. This idea ranks right up there with putting
rubber hose on tower rungs or drilling a hole through your mast right where
it comes out of the tower. But I guess I shouldn't have been so amazed to
see those notions put forth in QST, they fit right in.

The only reason I keep sending dues is because the league does do more good
than harm overall. We need a united front to protect our service. A
mediocre organization is better than no organization. And in the 20 years
or so that I have been a member I can attest that the board is doing their
level best to make a very mediocre organization.

At 11:59 1/21/02 -0500, you wrote:

 >  From the Great Lakes Division Vice Director, KI4LA.
 >
 >73  -  Jim  K8MR

 >Dear Colleague,
 >
 >Thanks to so many of you who have responded to the SM reports/contest
 >results issue after the proposal to remove the same from QST became known.
 >Many of you will be happy to learn that the Board felt that more study,
 >reflection and input was necessary before removing these sections from QST,
 >and that the decision has been deferred for reconsideration at the July 2002
 >Board meeting.

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net