[CQ-Contest] Re: [book] call for chapter ideas

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [book] call for chapter ideas
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Jan 23 16:19:22 2002
Hi Jeff -- I'd gladly volunteer to help any way I can.

I don't care much for your intro title -- sounds too defensive.  Instead,
maybe a foreword explaining how the book came about, and then into a
positive intro chapter.  How about "Getting Started in Contesting" with
subtitles like

            --picking a contest

            --getting your feet wet

            --QSLing (by all means, if you need the card for an award)

            --submitting your log

Other chapter titles I'd suggest:

"Multi-op contesting -- small or large-scale"

"Field Day -- the contest that isn't 'really' a contest"

"Contesting from a restricted QTH"

"Contesting on a budget"

I think this book could go well beyond the paperback setting.  How about
getting the more general-interest chapters (or adaptations) published in
QST as individual articles?  Then go the next step and include a CD and/or
links to audio, video and still-photo files on the web.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower