[CQ-Contest] New GOTA station for FD 2002

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New GOTA station for FD 2002
From: n0ss@earthlink.net (Tom Hammond NØSS)
Date: Wed Jan 30 08:29:54 2002
GM FOlks:

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2002/01/29/1/?nc=1

In case you've not already seen it, the above link address will take you
directly to a news article just released by the ARRL regarding the
elimination of the Field Day Novice/Tech sttion and its replacement with a
GOTA (Get On The Air) station. As the ARRL puts it...

   "A GOTA station is intended for operation by Novice
   and Technician operators or by generally inexperienced
   or inactive amateurs as well as by as-yet-unlicensed
   or "under-licensed" operators working under the
   privileges of a licensed control operator."

I think we can make GREAT use of this station in the future, with respect
to urging our newer or less active operators to not shy away from
operating, but to actively participate in the Field Day Experience more
than just helping to set up the site.

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS