[CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend (fwd)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend (fwd)
From: k4ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Thu Feb 7 17:31:39 2002

Bill,

> The general band starts 7025Khz.  You are expecting our contest to take
> place between 7025Khz and 7035Khz?  I don't think so.

And only generals can participate in this contest?  I haven't noticed
contest activity staying out of the Extra subbands in any other contest.
There is no reason that Sprint activity couldn't start at 7035 and move
down ... still enough room for General/Advanced to QSY between QSOs.

> Hey the good news is that the CW Sprint will only be there for about 2
> hours.  You've got an entire 46 other hours to work there.

That is fortunate ... but no excuse for the sponsors to crash another
contest.  Particularly when as noted previously it is the #2 most active
RTTY event ... rather like the IARL (or DARC, RSGB, JARL - pick one)
deciding to sponsor an SSTV contest in the middle of ARRL DX Phone.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK