[CQ-Contest] Morons at the NCJ

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Morons at the NCJ
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree N6TR)
Date: Fri Feb 8 21:43:16 2002

K4IK writes:

> > The obvious "fix" is to move the RTTY and FOC contests on the same
> > weekend because the FOCers don't go up above 7035 and have the
> > NCJ CW Sprint on the other weekend.
>
> > I would be happy to move the CW Sprint to whichever weekend it takes
> > to make this happen.
>
> What is the possibility of exchanging weekends for the FOC Marathon
> and CW Sprint?  RTTY WPX is between a rock and a hard place since
> the Mexico International RTTY is the first full weekend of February
> and the ARRL DX Contest (CW) is the third full weekend of February,
> RTTY WPX has no place to move ...

What?  Another RTTY contest on the first weekend of February?  This is
starting to become pretty impossible.

Also, I am probably not the best one to approach the FOCers about this.

I am skeptical about moving the CW Sprint just so we can QRM a different
RTTY contest AND the FOCers to boot.

I am pretty amazed that there are two "international" RTTY contests on
consecutive weekends.  I think this needs to be fixed before any other
solutions can be explored.

73 Tree N6TR/Moron
tree@kkn.net