[CQ-Contest] Sprint Notes

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sprint Notes
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Mon Feb 11 08:19:32 2002

I was bouncing a bit between 40 and 80, hoping the RTTY activity would drive
folks to 80 earlier.  Didn't seem to happen or, if it did, it was short-term
and I missed it.  But, 80 was in good shape and I made more Q's there than
last fall or last winter.

Also, did anyone notice more duping in this Sprint?  I wonder if it's not a
tactic to 'get' a frequency.  The duping station  calls the CQ station and
the CQ station works him knowing he's a dupe because it's quicker to work
him than dispute the fact he's a dupe.  But, then, the CQ station loses not
only the frequency but gets zero point.  I turned off the dupe enable and
just sent QSO B4 to keep the freq, after two duped QSO's.  Duh!

I also agree with the other posters about the aggressiveness and propensity
of some stations to drop their calls in as soon as the CQ station sends his
call without waiting for a 'r' or 'i' or 't'.  It was very, very
frustrating.

Otherwise, I had a very good time.

73,
dale, kg5u