[CQ-Contest] NCJ Decision Makers (was something less P.C)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Decision Makers (was something less P.C)
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree N6TR)
Date: Mon Feb 11 15:17:55 2002

Well - here is the situation as I see it currently:

1. There are two international RTTY contests on consecutive
weekends.  It appears that the XE one is less active than the
WPX one - although you couldn't tell that from QST (which didn't
have the WPX one listed).

2. The FOC Marathon and CW Sprint should be run on different
weekends.  The reasons for moving the CW Sprint from the
marathon are still valid.

It seems pretty obvious that moving the CW Sprint at this
point makes almost no sense.

I agree with K3MM that the two contests can co-exist.  It did seem
that the Sprint activity moved down about 10 kHz and while there
was some QRM - it wasn't too bad.  Perhaps with some education
on the part of the RTTYers to encourage them to use some breaktime
during the sprint peak time on 40 (0130-0300) - or to try a
different band - will help even more.

3. If the Marathon moved, and the WPX RTTY contest moved, then
it might be possible to move the CW Sprint if there are no
other conflicts generated that would cause bigger issues.
However, I am not holding my breath on that one.

73 Tree N6TR
NCJ CW Sprint Editor/Manager
tree@kkn.net