[CQ-Contest] FT1000MP band data

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP band data
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Fri Mar 1 01:06:37 2002
K8CC added:

>I'm pretty sure the connectors are PC-mounted, so changing them would be a
>bear.  Not to mention, I doubt that the PCB footprint is the same.
>
>OTOH, who's to say which connector is "standard"?  (Maybe someone more
>expert than me!)  What we Americans think is the "funny" one might just be
>standard in the Far East.

They're most certainly PCB-mounted, but that should only stop the most
dedicated QCAO types.

DIN = German Institute for Standardization, but looking any further requires
Euros & I've only got pounds in me pocket.

Some of these funky "DIN plugs" may be covered under the standard, but
I suggest they are used deliberately to force the user to buy these somewhat
hard to find connectors from the equipment manufacturer.

They certainly aren't to be found in component stores here.  But then again,
neither are metric threaded M-plugs (aka UHF).  Perhaps they're common in
Akihabara, in which case they belong on the domestic versions of the
radios & not the ones sold to the rest of us.

A more permanent alternative to toothpicks is to take the one funky plug
supplied with the radio & making a short cable (a few cm long) from it
terminating into a more common connector.

73, VR2BrettGraham