[CQ-Contest] The OO Strikes Back

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The OO Strikes Back
From: andrew@gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk (andrew)
Date: Sun Mar 10 18:26:36 2002
In message <MBBBJCHIMOLLDEAHAJGKKEKJCMAA.otterstad@enter.vg>, Ragnar
Otterstad <otterstad@enter.vg> writes

>That does bring up one DX station I ran into on 40m - wish I could remember
>the call - "150, 150, DX1DX Contest listening 150".  To the credit of us USA
>types, in the 2 minutes or so I spent listening while fiddling with my
>modem, he didn't get any answers...
>

>The problem with 40m phone contest and USA here is that some USA stations are
>listening below 7040, which is CW/FSK/Pactor...      band here.

The difference is that it is illegal for US stations to operate LSB on
7.150.  It is NOT illegal for most European stations to operate LSB
below 7.040.  It might be against the *gentlemans agreed* bandplan but
it is not illegal.  Big difference.

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI
Homepage = http://www.gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk/

One of the ZL9CI gang