[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX SSB on Easter Weekend ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX SSB on Easter Weekend ?
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon Mar 18 03:41:37 2002
K2AV wrote:
>Furthermore, Christianity is hardly the religion of a majority of the
>world populace.

        Just to set the record straight, Christianity is by far the
religion of choice for most of Europe, North America and South America.
It also represents 33% of religious adherents worldwide.

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

Given Christianity's predominance in NA and EU where contesters are most
populous, I'm quite certain it IS the religion of the vast majority of
worldwide contest participants.

        Sometimes we do choose priorities in life other than contests
which is very healthy in my opinion.  I also choose to celebrate
my Wedding Anniversary rather than the CQ WW CW when it falls on
November 27, but that is a personal choice...as is observance of Easter.
There is little doubt in my mind that holding the WPX SSB on Easter
Weekend (also Jewish Passover) hurts overall participation but that is
CQ's choice and one can hardly argue with their logic of always keeping
the WPX SSB on the last full weekend of March.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV