[CQ-Contest] TNX for Info, now ANOTHER ??

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TNX for Info, now ANOTHER ??
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Mon Mar 18 12:05:31 2002
On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 10:05:45AM -0500, Dennis Ponsness wrote:

> Now my NEXT question is about logging software...
>
> I take it there are 3 "main" ones - CT, NA, and TR.   I am running a 486
> 166MHz 'puter with either DOS or Windows For Workgroups 3.11 - nope, no
> WIN 9x - and seriously doubt that I will be using rig to 'puter or rotor
> control interfaces.  I will probably use the CW interface when my CW
> gets up to "contest speed".  There is no packet cluster up here in this
> area of Michigan - "Up North" - as of yet, but who knows someday there
> may be?  I have a couple of these 'puters, and may want to network them
> together as the YL wants to operate in contests as well when she
> upgrades as a multi/multi or multi/2R.  Also, no CD-ROM drive on the
> 'puters either.

These days, most people would also include WriteLog as one of the
most popular contest logging programs.  SD is also very popular in Europe.
You can read a review of contest logging software by G3CWI at:

http://www.qsl.net/g3cwi/contest.html

It is over a year old, so some details may be slightly out of date
(for instance, TR now has some very minimal RTTY support.)

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops