[CQ-Contest] Question please !

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Question please !
From: N5RP@pdq.net (Bob, N5RP)
Date: Fri Mar 22 09:51:03 2002
>>From: F5HRY@aol.com
>>To: cq-contest@contesting.com
>>Subject: [CQ-Contest] Question please !
>>
>>Hello dr contesters !
>>
>>I am not really a newcomer (except on this list), but I have
>>a (stupid ?) question : Regarding the way that contests are
>>now corrected, should the QRP stations be logged as /QRP
>>or not ? Will the robot, let's say for the major contests (CQ +
>>ARRL), recognize AB1CD and AB1CD/QRP as the same station ?
===================>
Herve,
To my mind, it really would not matter as to whether you place the QRP
addition to your call or not.
Good operators will know how to log you properly.
Recognizing and receiving the QRP additional with your call will not really
slow a good operator down.
Sometimes it might serve as that little bit of "extra" to draw attention to
your call.

For every benefit of putting the QRP addition to your call, others will
find a detriment to same.

If I were operating QRP, I would not use the QRP additional to my call, as
placing it within the call would seem to draw away from the drama of the
pursuit, but others might differ on this philosophy, as well.

Bottom line, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.
Sort of like clipped letters in a CW exchange; does it help or hurt - only
the phantom knows, with the possible exception of the professional amateurs.
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
mailto:N5RP@pdq.net
N5RP Station Page: http://freeweb.pdq.net/perring/station.html