[CQ-Contest] I won't log /QRP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] I won't log /QRP
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Fri Mar 22 18:12:22 2002
I operate QRP in most of the contests I enter.

I enjoy it.

I don't use /qrp appended to my call.

> Those who find life long enough for QRP can have their way.
> However, announcing
> it together with the call sign is merely a pathetic attempt to
> get into the
> log!

I agree. It's their problem if they want to (1) extend the length of their
call, (2) extend the length of the time of the QSO, (3) increase the
potential for being miscopied, (4) reduce their rate, and/or (5) appeal to
the called station's emotions.

Believe me, there are enough suckers ...er...ops out there who will respond
the the /QRP bleating to make some QRP ops continue to use /QRP.  Put the
blame where it belongs: On the stations who continue to say "who's the QRP?"
or send "/qrp?"

I think you are being unfair to a pretty significant ham population of
operators who aren't or may not be contest-wise as you.  Their experience
has taught them that /qrp appended to their call seems to work for getting
them QSO's, so they use it.    I don't hear them using /qrp in QRP contests,
by the way. :-)

You need to get on QRP-L reflector and express your concerns about their
usage of /QRP.

>Using low power means being last in the queue

No it doesn't.  No QRO station is strong everywhere all the time and no QRP
station is weak everywhere all the time.  I'm sure ... no, I know I've beat
out many, many ops in pileups who were running LP or QRO while I was running
QRP.  Happens all the time.

/QRP isn't part of anybody's call, so logging it is totally
> useless.

Then don't log it.

duh!

73,