[CQ-Contest] Help Me Brothers!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Help Me Brothers!
From: djl@andlev.com (Dan Levin)
Date: Mon Mar 25 21:02:42 2002
With apologies in advance to any that may be offended by my profanity.

Help Me Brothers, for I am sorely tempted.

I come to you, my brothers, in my hour of need.  Lend me your support, that
I may be strong and pass this aweful test.  I am tempted brothers, tempted
by the devil most profane.  Do not abandon me my brothers in this, my hour
of need.

I have never strayed from the path, my brothers, never in the 21 long years
of my service to the cause.  My first radio, of course, was a TS-830S, and
from that point on I have stayed the course against all temptation.  My
father, it must be said, allowed himself to stray.  An Icom he did buy, and
sad was I for years to come.  But I have been strong, and despite the
Devil's evil offers I have always been true.  A pair of beautiful TS-850S's
adorn my alter today.

But I am tempted my brothers, tempted by an evil so strong that I am not
certain that I can sustain my faith against it.  It comes to me in my dreams
my brothers, with images of dual receivers with separate AGC systems.  It
comes to me as I walk my path in the daylight brothers.  Why just today I
saw an image of the Enhanced Digital Signal Processing as I passed through
the garden.  And the power my brothers, 100 watts output with either 120
volt or 13.8 volt power - all in a lighter weight package with no messy
external heat sinks.

Oh my brothers, I am sorely tempted.  Help me my brothers, lest I fall from
the path.

And the price!  The Price my brothers.  Only $1999 this week only.  Oh my
brothers, only $1999 for perhaps the finest contesting radio ever made.

Yes my brothers, it is the new FT-1000MP Mark V Field that tempts me, it
tests my strength my brothers.

Is there amongst you one, even one, who can turn me aside from this course?
Can anyone tell me that its receiver is poor, or that the IBDT system is
flawed, or that the VRF front end protection module is just marketing hype?
Can one of you save me, my brothers, from the terrible fate that lies ahead?

For it you cannot, I fear that I will fall from grace this week my brothers,
in time to use the dual RX capability on 40 meters during WPX SSB this
weekend.  So if you can speak against this evil, do so now, that I may be
spared.  It is not a lack of faith in my trusty TS-850S that is causing me
this pain, my brothers.  No, not that.  It is the terrible temptation of the
Mark V Field that comes to me - and I know not if I can stand against it.

            ***dan, K6IF (KT6RU in WPX SSB)