[CQ-Contest] QRP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRP
From: W2CS@bellsouth.net (Gary Ferdinand W2CS)
Date: Thu Mar 28 21:14:36 2002
> On a similar note, I find that on 20-15-10, Europeans tend to
> call a couple
> hundred Hertz higher than NA and JA stations.  Anybody else notice this?
> Any opinions?
>
> 73, Ward N0AX
> ARRL Contester's Rate Sheet Editor

Ward, I have noticed this.  Perhaps it's just the fact that we work tons of
EU in DX contests here on the east coast and there's thus a noticeable
number of EU stations not zero beat.  One thing I do know is that I will
preferentially answer the station that is zb (unless I hear a juicy mult
off-freq).

The problem with the off-freq callers is that they could be on-freq callers
to another station (who I don't hear on 10-15-20) and they're not really
working me! Timing too easily can be right for this to happen.

Of course if I happen to have the 250Hz pair of Inrads cut in, I don't
really hear 'em.  OK as long as the stack of stations is still there...

73

Gary W2CS