[CQ-Contest] Classic Answers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Classic Answers
From: swca@swbell.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Sun Mar 31 06:59:54 2002
Wow.  This cq-contest club is almost as great as the Boring Amateur Radio
Club (but not quite).  I asked an antenna question and got a whole bunch of
answers.

Some said the Driven Element was closer to the Director, some said is was
closer to the Reflector.  Some said the Classic was the same as a TA-33.
Others said it was not.

Anyways, Tom Tormina, always a very productive resource, faxed me the manual
(although he was not the ONLY person to offer to do so).  I now have the
answer.  But I got to thinking about Tom and realized he was one of those
operators with Italian surnames who won the SS in the 70s and got cited
statistically for his efforts.  Then I remembered that all Italian run big
power, and then it all began to make sense.

:) JUST KIDDING.  Happy Easter everybody, and thanks for responding to my
question.  Now I can minimize the back-to-front ratio of this old antenna
BEFORE I put it up.

Mark, N5OT