[CQ-Contest] Recording software with AGC

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Recording software with AGC
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Apr 2 08:48:33 2002
I've gotten my second shack PC set up, so I'm now prepared to record
contests to disk, but I'm encountering one issue.   To record everything
that comes from both radios (2 channels in the Mark 5, one in the TS-930) I
think I need to get the audio in stereo at the headphone jack of my 2-radio
box and then combine the two streams into one recording channel.  The
combining is no problem, but if I do that, I will have to contend with
varying audio levels.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a piece of recording software that
implements AGC, or how others get around this issue?

Thanks!

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at