[CQ-Contest] NS3T's wild accusation

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NS3T's wild accusation
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Sat Apr 13 13:42:50 2002
Tom,

My experience was exactly the opposite -- I had a lot of DX stations (I
stopped counting at 30) ask me to put them on the cluster.  I had 2 or 3
that seemed perturbed when I declined -- one S5 station called me a, hmmm,
compared me to a portion of the human anatomy that rarely see much sunshine
(and maybe I am sometimes, aren't we all, but that still does not strike me
as an appropriate transmission during the contest!).

Personally, I found NS3T's statistics interesting but inconclusive.  Since
we don't know who actually generated the spots, proving self-spotting
without further details would be difficult.   Be so as it may, while I think
a rule clarification regarding soliciting for or self-spotting may be worth
considering for most contests, I don't know what more can be done.

73, ron wn3vaw

"There's No Crying in Baseball!"
-- Jimmie Dugan, "A League of Their Own"