[CQ-Contest] FD logging program

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FD logging program
From: k1ir@designet.com (Jim Idelson)
Date: Mon Apr 22 18:23:28 2002
Mike,

Your story about WriteLog isn't what we experience here in our multi-single
operations. Once we get the Windows networking configured right, we never have
a problem getting a machine back on line after a problem. We have had some
occassional system hangs, but getting the machine back up is really easy, and
the log syncs up immediately. It is totally cool to have all four logs reliably
identical at the end of the contest.

73,

Jim

[CQ-Contest] FD logging program
Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg@contesting.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:21:50 -0700 (PDT)

My one, weekend-long, experience with Writelog (we had
another nickname for it) was in a fully networked,
6-station, multi-multi environment and was less than
thrilling.  Most PCs locked up at various times, and,
after rebooting, were, as often as not, invisible to
the network no matter what we tried.  After a half-
hour or an hour (or two), poof!, they would simply
reappear on the network.  Magic!  There were many
things about Writelog that I liked.  Its networking
reliability was not one of them.

Anyway, another "good" reason for networking at field
day is the gee-whiz attraction of which most hams are
guilty.  That is, assuming one can get it going and
keep it going...

73 Mike N2MG