[CQ-Contest] SS checks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS checks
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun Apr 28 18:18:23 2002
At 07:35 PM 4/28/02 +0000, W. Wright, W5XD wrote:
>For any given SS weekend, I feel free to choose either '71 (the year I know
>I made my first QSO--in February) or '70 (because I seem to remember my
>license date was earlier and I am too lazy to research the details).
>
>But after sending 71 for many years, I find I get asked for a lot more fills
>if I send 70. Since I am not a serious competitor and because I really
>dislike the use of databases instead of copying off the air, I still plan to
>send 70 some weekends just to slow down the database guys.

That's good by me, Wayne -- you will join the 50 or so guys last year whose
checks and/or sections didn't agree with the ones they sent me the year
before.  That's about 3 times as many as the total number of QSOs I lost
due to copying errors, so there must be quite a bit of check-changing
really going on.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at