[CQ-Contest] Heil FS-2 Foot Switch

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Heil FS-2 Foot Switch
From: n6ki@juno.com (Dennis Vernacchia)
Date: Sat May 4 02:40:53 2002

        I just replaced a very comfortable, durable and ergonomically
footswith that lasted me over 10+  years of contesting.
        After considering many switches including the Heil FS-2,
here's one you should consider and why I chose it.

Linemaster  Model Gem-V2

860 974-1000

Circular - Easy to hit from all angles

Perfect touch - you can lightly rest your foot on edge of it
                           and not false trigger but then a light
additional amount of additional pressure
                           keys it and no "cramped" or "tired" foot as
the hours wane on

Great Weight and Non Skid corrugated base  - Will not move around too
so no worry about it not staying in position.

Nice appearance with chrome ringed edge and easy hit circular top target

I expect it will easily last 10+ years for heavy contest use.

You can purchase with or without cable. I found the supplied cable listed
on teh web
page to be too heavy and cumbersome so I installed my own thinner and
very flexible
cable and saved another $6 on the price.

The Gem-V2 will cost you just under $30 including shipping/handling.

Note: Since they normally have a $100 minimum, I requested my switch
as a sample for 60 day evaluation and had it mailed to me at my work
That way you avoid the $100 minimum

You may also want to check with your contest buddies or club members and
order enough to meet the $100 minimum order.

I have no pecuniary interest in Linemaster  Co. Products

73, Dennis N6KI

On Fri, 3 May 2002 10:16:54 -0500 "Dale L Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>

> > Have any contesters tried the new FS-2 foot switch?  My FS-1 just
> went
> > belly up after 10 years of faithful service.  It would be simple
> to fix
> > as the microswitch just needs replacing.  But it may be time to
> try
> > something new.
> >

> I've had a hard time with the commercially avaiable footswitches.
> I change my body position a lot during a contest.
> Constantly trying to keep track of where the footswitch is in
> relation to my
> new foot position was a hassle.
> Years ago, I took a 3' long piano hinge, a couple of springs, a
> momentary
> switch and two pieces of 36"x6"x1" (LWD) lumber and made my own.
> Works
> great.
> 73,
> dale, kg5u