[CQ-Contest] CW Call Signs ... the SMOOTH & PERFECT ...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Call Signs ... the SMOOTH & PERFECT ...
From: john-k1rc@juno.com (john-k1rc@juno.com)
Date: Thu May 16 10:31:35 2002
Another (CW) tip for the people who have calls that dont flow
as smooth as they want;

Send your c/s at different speeds and find out what speed(s)
(+/- a couple of WPM) where you have a minimum of repeats
required from the other stn.

With my call (K1RC) my best range is about 28-35wpm.
Anything faster and it sounds more like K1AC or K1RK etc,
especially well into a test where everyone is getting tired.
On SSB, K1 "Rubber Chicken" phonetics usually work in a pinch..

With my old call (K1CGJ) any speed over about 25 was a bear,
but 28-30 worked best. On SSB -  YUK!  Guess thats why I've
stayed on CW all those years..

Now my son Jon has that call to contend with... Heh Heh

JMHO
73,
John K1RC