[CQ-Contest] RE: [PVRC] FCC issues NPRM on 5 MHz ham band

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: [PVRC] FCC issues NPRM on 5 MHz ham band
From: jtalens@rcn.com (Jim Talens)
Date: Thu May 23 11:11:23 2002
Good points, Bill!  Comments are accepted anytime, so the filing deadline is
not relevant for filers itching to submit their comments now.  The only
disadvantage is that this gives opponents insight into your position in
advance of their first filing, in effect giving them two bites at the apple.
That seems less relevant in this case, of course, but it still resonates as
the rationale for filing on the last day!  I intend to file short comments
electronically, but I also will send messages to ARRL preparers so they know
there is a constituency that is awake and interested - and, at least in my
case, prefers segmentation.

Jim, N3JT