THE 38th BALTIC CONTEST BC-2002
General rules of BC-2002
The Lithuanian Radio Sports Federation has the honor to invite radio
amateurs all over the world to enter Baltic Contest 2002.
1. Aim of the Contest: To promote radio sport in the Baltic countries and to
expand relations between amateurs of the Baltic and the world.
2. The object of the Contest: To establish as many contacts as possible with
amateur stations world wide.
3. Period: From 2100z May 18, 2002 till 0200z May 19, 2002.
4. Section: A - single operator, CW/SSB
B - single operator, CW
C - single operator, SSB
D - multi operator, single TX
E - SWL
5. Frequencies: CW (3510-3600) kHz, SSB (3600-3650 and 3700-3750) kHz.
6. Contest call: CW - TEST BC, SSB - CQ Baltic Contest.
7. Exchange: RS(T) and serial number starting from 001.Each station may be
worked once in SSB and once in CW.
8. Scoring: For participants in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania each QSO (SWL
rprt) with Europe counts one point and QSO (SWL rprt) with another continent
counts two points. For participants in Europe each QSO (SWL rprt) with Estonia,
Latvia, Lithuania counts ten points, each QSO (SWL rprt) with another
participants counts one point. For participants outside Europe each QSO (SWL
rprt) with Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania counts twenty points, each QSO (SWL rprt)
with another participants counts one point. SWL rprt must contain both call
signs and at least one of the control numbers.
9. Final Score: The sum of QSO (SWL rprt) points(no multiplier, no duplicate
QSO (SWL rprt). When the number of points is equal,the criteria for priority
are: for better percentage of QSO (SWL rprt) confirmation; for more DX QSO
10. Awards: Certificates will be awarded to the leading stations of each
section for every country (DXCC) in accordance with the number of participants.
Winners in A, B, C, D, E sections in the Baltic countries (ES, LY, YL), in the
Europe and outside Europe will receive trophies.
S p e c i a l t r o p h i e s :
T R O P H Y D O N O R
Non Baltic countries LATVIAN RADIO AMATEUR LEAGUE
Europe S.Franckevicius LY4AA
Europe CW R.Saltauskas LY2BG
Estonia R.Baltusis LY2BM
Latvia LY7A contest team
YL M.Stern 4Z4KX, LY2NL Memorial Youth(until 16 years)
Lithuania CW G.Lucinskas LY3BA
SWL V. Morkunas LY3BY
11. Logs: The IARU R1 standard format sheets recommended,
or send by E-mail or in 3 1/2" 1,44 MB Microdisk in the ASCII form, suitable
for computer analysis.
Deadline: July 1, 2002.
A d d r e s s :
P.O.Box 210, LT-3000 Kaunas, LITHUANIA.
We hope that the participants will enjoy the contest. Welcome to BC-2002. 73!
L R S F
Marius Adomkevicius, LY3IT
Mobile: +370(83) 35666