[CQ-Contest] New log deadline for ARRL contests?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New log deadline for ARRL contests?
From: 00tlzivney@bsu.edu (Zivney, Terry L.)
Date: Wed Jun 5 13:44:03 2002
I don't think one should expect to receive an exception.
Exception means rare, and is subject to discretion, which
could change in the future.

Furthermore, there are legitimate reasons for longer periods
to submit a log.  For example, the month of November is
especially busy - an op has just finished a grueling 48 hours
in the CQWW fone contest at the end of October, and now
hits: SSCW, SSFone, CQWW CW, and for stateside guys, Thanksgiving
holiday with attendent family pressures.  Keeping in mind the
Amateur's Code from the ARRL handbooks, ham radio is a hobby -
and is secondary to one's primary obligations to family, job,
etc. Thus, it may be difficult to find time to submit the log,
especially if one is trying to think up witty comments for
the soapbox writeup.

What compelling reason is served by reducing the time frame
for log submission?

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9