[CQ-Contest] Please copy

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Please copy
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Wed Jun 26 21:04:11 2002
Hi,

I guess this whole thread is preaching to the converted. I don't imagine too
many ops who aren't at least casual contesters subscribe, so I'm not sure
what the point of the thread is.

Be that as it may...

So that my message doesn't further preach, here's my suggestion: why don't
we keep a list of contesters willing to hold seminars for clubs about
operating techniques for Field Day.

The ARRL/RAC organizations can distribute through the affiliated club system
a notice of our intent along with an invitation to contact the keeper of
said list for a referral to a volunteer contester in or near their area. If
someone could donate a small bit of server space, we could even
semi-automate the function. Perhaps its something that could go on the, oh,
just for the sake of argument, ARRL servers. This list may need to be broken
down into regions: if so, I volunteer to keep list for Canada.

Perhaps someone could even convince, horror of horrors, QST to print in May
QST a primer on contesting -- oops, sorry, operating -- for Field Day. I'll
be sending an e-mail to that effect to N1BKE shortly.

We know all this stuff, so it doesn't help to rant about it here. It won't
help to put it into NCJ, either. Sorry to break with tradition in trying to
offer a HELPFUL suggestion   ;=)   but I think it's something worthwhile,
particularly if we want to try and siphon off some FD enthusiasm into
contesting.

73, kelly
VE4XT