[CQ-Contest] Computer time syncronization without usingthe internet???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computer time syncronization without usingthe internet???
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Sat Jul 6 02:16:01 2002
AA4LR suggested:

> >VA7NT needs to accurately set a computer's clock without resorting to
> >the Internet.
>
>Got GPS? Before you can know where you are, your GPS receiver has to
>figure out what time it is, and does so very accurately.
>
>GPS is how the NCCC beacon stations stay synchronised.

When VR2B operated from my QTH, it was a little annoying that I couldn't
see the time the GPS receiver was providing to the beacon controller.

I didn't mention before that the wristwatch approach does start with
synchronization with a Rubidium-referenced master clock at the earth station
where I work, which in turns talks to something back in NA that's pretty
darn close to UT1.

Place of employment soon to vanish, so perhaps I should host VR2B again -
I might have enough spare time on my hands then to add time display to the
controller.  ;^(

73, VR2BrettGraham