[CQ-Contest] IARU test newbie question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU test newbie question
From: Timothy.Urban@wc.ey.com (Timothy.Urban@wc.ey.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 18:05:03 2002
LIsters, etiquette question follows:

I worked another station on SSB during the IARU contest, the other op got
my callsign correct, but apparently mis-heard my ITU zone.

I said "five nine - zero eight", but the other op responded by saying "QSL
on your zone seven, QRZ de.....".  I then replied "negative,  zone 8" but
the other op had already sent "qrz" and begun working another station.
Propagation wasn't great and the other op didn't seem to hear my following
calls to fix the busted zone.

How concerned should I be?  Should I try to re-contact the other op later
with a dupe hf contact during the contest to alert him to the busted zone?
 I'm trying to be very conscientious but many of the other contesters
don't seem as obsessed with accuracy..........

73

Tim
N5IIT
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Thank you.  Ernst & Young LLP

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---