[CQ-Contest] CW or SSB FCC says neither

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW or SSB FCC says neither
From: john-k1rc@juno.com (john-k1rc@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 22:53:17 2002
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:52:16 -0400 "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw@fyi.net>
writes:
> I don't know guys, but something of this smells like a red herring
> that's been left in the back seat of someone's car for a few days with
the
> windows up and the temperatures averaging the upper 90's (Farenheit,
that
> is)
> ===/Snip/===

Maybe Ron isn't so far off base. Lets look at it yet another way...

Could it be that someone is just testing the waters to see what
the overall the reaction would be, before (the illusive) "THEY"
try to slip some type of rule making to the commissioners
( maybe under the table, disguised in some other docket)?

Like a politician trying to find out what the people think of him
and his views before he sticks his neck out, running for office
and getting hacked to bits.
(Poor example but couldn't think of any other at the moment)

Maybe if this thread didn't generate as much debate, "THEY"
might think;
   "These hams don't really care either way, whether we change
the rules, dump CW and SSB and force everyone to use digital
or other more modern modes.

So lets do it and "sock it to 'em" then tell them and listen to
them "whine"after its too late to do anything about it."

I could be wrong, but then again I could be right.......

Just my cynical 2 cents..

CU on the old modes, and any others I have capability for,

John  K1RC

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.