[CQ-Contest] removing FD residue

Subject: [CQ-Contest] removing FD residue
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Tue Jul 23 14:33:13 2002
On the Microchip PIC microcontroller application notes website is an idea
for a novel mosquito repeller. It simply produces a very quiet duplication
of the sound of a dragonfly's wings.  The dragonfly is a natural predator
of the mosquito, and the theory is that the mosquitos will actually try to
avoid areas where they hear dragonflies flying.

I built one using a PIC12C508 and a small piezoelectric transducer.
Surprised me - the darned thing actually works!

73, Zack W9SZ