[CQ-Contest] QST and Contest Coverage

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QST and Contest Coverage
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Jul 23 17:04:40 2002
Everyone seems to have missed an important point in my post this morning,
so I'll repeat it here:

"It troubles me is that there is no indication of any intention to improve
in-print coverage of contesting topics, paralleling that in the discussion
on Section News.  Perhaps one or more of the directors who reads this
reflector can explain further."

Unless and until I know what the Board's intentions in this regard are, I'm
not condemning anybody.  It DOES concern me, though, that nothing was said,
because I know these news releases are carefully written.   If no line
scores means no improvement/expansion in other contest coverage in QST,
then I would be upset.

As far as line scores are concerned, I'm willing to see them go on line,
particularly with the improvements that have been made.  It seems to me
that the contester community is overwhelmingly more on-line than the total
ARRL member population, and that those young newbies we talk about
attracting are also likely to be able to access things on the web.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org