[CQ-Contest] Help accessing the CQ WW site

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Help accessing the CQ WW site
From: steve@oakcom.com (Steve Maki)
Date: Tue Jul 30 15:56:05 2002
K4OJ wrote:

>FOR OVER A YEAR NOW I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT EVERYBODY GOES TO THE cq ww
>SITE AND THERE IS NO REASON WHY I SHOULD HAVE ANY PROBLEM...
>
>This past I changed by browser for Explorer to Navigator and I still get
>the following message
>

>Forbidden
>
>You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>

>when I try and go to
>
>http://www.cqww.com/
>

>...what the heck am I doing wrong - I haven't seen CQ's WW site in so
>long I do not even remember what it looks like!
>
>Can someone offer me a better answer other than "you should be able to,
>everyone else can"

Try this as a workaround:

http://209.1.5.209

You should see a list of sites hosted by jzap.com. Click on cqww.com.

Apparently these sites do not have their own ip addresses. This is a
relatively new style of hosting, so your browser must be a late enough
version to understand how this works. If you are in fact using a recent
version, then complain to your ISP.

--
Steve K8LX