[CQ-Contest] CW or SSB FCC says neither.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW or SSB FCC says neither.
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Mon Aug 5 00:35:49 2002
On 7/19/02 8:22, Pete Smith at n4zr@contesting.com wrote:

>The only trouble is that there are only 5 Commissioners, who could decide
>to change a lot of things we find important (like abolishing CW
>subbands).

There ARE NO CW subbands on HF. There are a few narrow CW-only subbands
on VHF, but not on HF.

CW is permitted everywhere, and there are no indications it will be
prohibited.

I really get annoyed at this suggestion that any regulatory change is
couched in the framework of somehow eliminating CW subbands, when such
subbands do not exist.

>The bottom line, to me, is that it doesn't have to be either-or -- CW can
>remain, just like sailboats in an age of jet aircraft...

More like Piper Cubs in the age of jet aircraft.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901