[CQ-Contest] IARU HQ Stations

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU HQ Stations
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Aug 5 18:22:02 2002
At 10:30 AM 8/5/02 -0500, Kenneth E. Harker wrote:
>With this sort of idea, if you had three stations on 80SSB, you could have
>the midwest station CQing, and then whenever a caller comes along whom he
>cannot hear, you could have the east coast or west coast stations jump in
>on a QSO-by-QSO basis to complete the contacts while still limiting the
>team to one transmitted signal per band-mode at a time.

This sort of Internet octopus would be pretty unwieldy, given the current
state of the network -- just too much latency.  At NU1AW/4, I think that
having one station handle all the CW and another all the SSB was a pretty
good way to do things.  With multipliers only counting once per band
there's little incentive to pass mults between modes.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org