[CQ-Contest] S units have been 6 db for a LONG time.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] S units have been 6 db for a LONG time.
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue Aug 6 09:29:41 2002
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 01:46:19 -0400, Guy Olinger wrote:

>Have a look at the meter (carrier level indicator) on this photo of an
>excellent condition pre-WW2 RME 69.
>
>   http://www.nucleus.com/~jordana/rme69dials.jpg

DON'T GO to this website.  Something funny is going on.  My
firewall stopped a connection request, something that should be
totally unnecessary for an ordinary .jpg file.  I told the
firewall to deny the connection and the file would not download
without it.

It might be perfectly innocent but I've downloaded lots of .jpg
files and never had this happen.  Color me paranoid, but
something's not right here.

Bill, W7TI