[CQ-Contest] QTCs & WAE

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QTCs & WAE
From: K9GY@K9GY.com (Eric K9GY)
Date: Wed Aug 7 01:41:38 2002
>>>  Anyone who can explain the merits of handing out QTC's in the WAE contest

Funny thing... I was thinking about this on my way home from work, hah!

Paul K4JA made an excellent point to Jerry KE9I and I after last
year's WAE SSB contest. We left a little too many unsent potential QTCs
on the table due to poor strategy on my part! I thought Sunday we would
be able to dump QTCs like crazy but that didn't work out.

QTCs usually contain info from 10 previous QSOs. Each QTC sent is
the same point value as each additional QSO. So assuming that you can
send off the 10 QTCs in maybe 1.5 to 2 mins (?) that would equate to
an hourly QSO rate of about 300-400. Even if sending 10 QTCs took
4 mins that would equate to an hourly rate of 150 QSOs/hour!

( 60mins / (time to send 10 QTCs in mins) ) * 10 = equivalent hourly QSO rate

And the rate "bump" works for both the EU and non-EU side of the contest....
Since we each get a point per QTC sent/recvd.

Now the punch line: You need more QSOs in order to send more QTCs!

Hats off to all the EU stations that are able to copy the QTCs sent at 30+ wpm!

Good luck everyone!

It should really be a lot of FUN...
http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/fedcw.htm