[CQ-Contest] NAQP and Icom

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and Icom
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Wed Aug 21 14:54:04 2002
    I just noticed that Icom is apparently a sponsor (of plaques
awarded to winners) of the North American QSO Party.  Is this
the first instance of major ham radio company doing this sort of
thing to directly support contesting?  I know Icom and Yaesu and
others have spent a lot to support DXing, but I haven't seen much
support for contesting before:

http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php?page=4

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops