[CQ-Contest] ts-850

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ts-850
From: ku8e1@yahoo.com (Jeffrey Clarke)
Date: Wed Aug 28 14:33:55 2002
Sean...

 Checkout N6TR's website at http://n6tr.jzap.com/850repair.html .
It has alot of useful info on mods/repairs etc... Gee if guys like
N6TR, K6LL, etc.. are using TS-850 's that can't be all that bad.
Also, MFJ makes a computer interface cable (MFJ-5383) that's alot
cheaper then the Kenwood RS-232 interface box. I think it costs around
$20. I have had an 850 for years - with both the 1st/2nd IF CW filters
and it has worked great !!! I have only used a 570 one time (at W4AN's)
for CQ WPX CW so don't have much experience with it. Have fun....

                    Jeff KU8E