Fw: [CQ-Contest] The great Kenwood debate

Subject: Fw: [CQ-Contest] The great Kenwood debate
From: k7qq@netzero.net (Rex Maner)
Date: Fri Aug 30 17:57:51 2002
Quack note on TS 870
I have used the TS 870 for several years and the only problem  I have is
when band is loaded with strong signals ,  HOWEVER  that said.   Thats why
Rx's have a control call   RF Gain.   By reducing RF gain I can copy weak
signals that might be covered  by ajacent strong signals.  Reports on TX
audio are excellent and I like the ability to control the Pass band of both
TX  and RX audio.          My only complaint on CW filtering is there is a
MAX band width of  1000 Hz. ( under slow cndx it can be desirable to have
this wider.)

Rex