[CQ-Contest] Radio Choice

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Radio Choice
From: nt5c@texas.net (John Warren)
Date: Wed Sep 4 10:27:54 2002
I use the FT1000MP, and it's a fine rig. But in terms of raw SSB
receiving sensitivity it's a negligible improvement over my old
faithful 940. All sorts of superior bells and whistles, many of which
are useful, or even vital on typical busy bands and for split
operation, but better sensitivity? - no. Under very quiet conditions
on 10M, with an almost empty band, the 940 will pull out really weak
ones better than the 1000MP. I've tested them side-by-side. Maybe the
new TenTec will make a breakthrough in that respect?

73, John, NT5C.