[CQ-Contest] Perception IS reality

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Perception IS reality
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 1 00:16:43 2002
In a message dated 9/30/2002 11:07:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
k1ir@designet.com writes:

> Seems to me international participation is an absolute requirement for many
> ARRL contests. It's obvious to me that alienating DX stations in any way is
> not
> an acceptable result, and steps should be taken to avoid it. This is a tiny
>
> problem right now; this is the time to fix it.
>
> a) Remove the one month delay - not a single membership will be lost,
> b) Put a PDF of the contest results on the website for unrestricted
> download -
> just like the old QST article and listings - so it can be printed and
> shared by
> just about anyone, anywhere.
> c) Possibly make the on-line Soapbox and/or the sortable database results
> part
> of the permanent Members Only area. This would allow anyone to get "basic"
> results in the PDF, while Members would have access to the "next level" of
> analysis and results.

And  d) Give non-W/VE entrants who submit an electronic log a password to
allow access to all the web site info for that particular contest.  Send it
with their log receipt confirmation message.

Those who don't send an electronic log probably don't have easy access to the
internet anyway.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

multipart/alternative
  text/html