[CQ-Contest] Oceania Prefix - query

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Oceania Prefix - query
From: david.e.burger@au.pwcglobal.com (david.e.burger@au.pwcglobal.com)
Date: Tue Oct 1 16:00:57 2002
Reading the Oceania DX Contest multiplier rules, I'm considering signing as
a portable prefix " VI2".  This is a valid ham prefix here in VK and our
ACA have the VI prefix  currently on issue to 3 ham stations in VK with
expiry dates after the Oceania contest.  I checked the AX ham license
prefixes on issue in VK as at today, and none came up....

The reason I'm asking is that I recall Jim VK9NS fell foul of something
like this a few years back.  Figured I'd pop the question and arm myself
with re-prints of the current VI licenses and fend off any detractors up
front.

I'm keen to get another Oceania prefix alive.

David Burger VK2CZ.
computer.