Top Ten reasons to work the ILLINOIS QSO PARTY on October 20:
10) Warm up for Sweepstakes. Sunday evening rate the way SS would *like* to
9) Only eight hours. Doesn't alienate family.
8) Starts at 1800Z. Lets you go to church first. Pray for "sweep". See
7) You worked CQP and didn't get a "sweep". Frustrated.
6) You worked CQP and *did* get a "sweep". Prove you can do twice as well
(102 counties in IL).
5) Reward the 12-15 mobiles that will be crossing the state.
4) Ferret out a county-line portable sitting in a corn field (explaining to
sheriff why he's there....)
3) Shock a first-time in-state IQPer with his very own pileup.
2) Qualify for a certificate or a "Taste of Illinois" award (we produce
honey here, not salmon....)
1) Sunday afternoon/evening contest stimulates brain --- jumpstart for
73, Jim N9JF